Sat, Apr 22|
How Is Norway Doing in Green Technology?
Presentation by Egil Juliussen, PhD at the Chicago Nordic House. This presentation will explore what Norway is doing to be a leader in green technologies.
Time & Location
Apr 22, 2023, 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Nordic House, 400 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
About the Event
How Is Norway Doing in Green Technology
This presentation will explore what Norway is doing to a be a leader in green technologies. This will include perspectives on these topics:
- Electrification and green fuel for its transportation industries:
o Electricity: Cars, trucks, ferries, coastal ships, small airplanes etc.
o Green fuels: Trucks, ferries, coastal ships, ocean ships, airplanes etc.
- Green electricity: From hydropower to off-shore and on-shore wind-farms
o Building a leading off-shore wind-farm industry
Green hydrogen from inexpensive & renewable electricity
o Building a leading hydrogen economy and industry
Low-carbon energy and leveraging carbon capture technology
o Emphasizing gas and LNG over oil
Norway’s energy supply and demand—past and future
Norway’s energy trade including electricity—past and future
Norway’s emissions—past and future
Plus, perspectives on how this may impact the Midwest and U.S.
For instance: Will there be off-shore wind-farms in the Great Lakes?
Answer is very likely—even close to Chicago.
Appetizers/coffee/soft drinks will be served.
Catering for the event from Tre Kronor restaurant:
- Charcuterie board (nordic meats and sausages, cheeses, dried and fresh fruit and nuts)
- Pickled Herring x 2 types
- Assorted appetizers including: Norwegian meatball on mashed potato, Norwegian smoked salmon on toast point, danish blue cheese spread with walnut and grapes on cracker
- mini fruit kabobs
- mini fruit tartlets
- coffee, tea, soda, bottled water
Guest Reservation - FREE
Guest count for refreshment planning$0.00